Family Login:

Share This Obituary

Arrangements made by

Smart Cremation

1900 St. James Place; Suite 300
Houston, TX 77056
Get Directions

Profile of Smart Cremation

Email Us

Memories & Candles

“Love You Brother.We will Meet against. ”
1 of 4 | Posted by: Robert Tillinghast - Earleville, MD

“My Darling Uncle Butch. May you rest with the Angels. I adored you. I have the greatest memories of you. Rest. ”
2 of 4 | Posted by: Maria Sheidy - Lancaster, PA

“Rest in peace brother in will be missed. God bless you. ”
3 of 4 | Posted by: Suzanne Carotto - Elizabethtown, PA

“So sad to hear such sad news. Rest in peace big guy. You were one of the good ones. ”
4 of 4 | Posted by: Kayleen Sutton - Spokane, WA

Army Emblem

Elmer was born September 17, 1950, and passed away June 2, 2017. He was in residence in Spokane, Washington. Known all his life as Butch, he leaves behind his wife of 47 years Mary Christine (Metzler) Daub, daughter Ginger, daughter Barbra (Daub) Floth and her husband Jon Floth, and granddaughter Ashleigh Floth. Also his foster Daughter Crystal Needham and her sons R.J.,Allya, Michael and Rylan. We all miss Butch dearly.
Butch served in the U.S. Marine Corps (R) from 1975 to 1981. He also served in the U.S.Army as a helicopter crewchief on Blackhawks, at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, from 1985 to 1989. The family went with him to Camp Zama, Japan, from Dec 1986 to June 1988. Butch worked construction all of his life in Stone, brick and block. The family built a house in 1994, in Crystal Beach, Maryland. Butch worked for the MD state police as a helicopter mechanic 1990 to 1991, until the family moved to Montana. He repaired the Stone wall along Whitefish Lake, MT in 1992. Butch drove Tanker tractor trailer for the Teamsters 2000 to 2003. He traveled the Eastern U.S. and to Canada.
Butch fell from scaffolding and was badly injured in November 2004. While recovering at home after 23 days at Hershey Medical Center, he was frustrated with bad news and politics on TV. He began to draw cartoons which culminated in a cartoon book he published in 2007,"The Making of a (WANNA-BE) Dictator, by Butch Daub,which was made available at, and one of his favorite accomplishments. He continued drawing cartoons into his last days.
Butch was very ill with fluid in his lungs for six months. He cracked a rib, then Pneumonia took him. May he finally rest in peace, with those he loved, and was visited by in his last hours on earth. We Love you, Butch.
A private Wake for the immediate family will be held, on return of his ashes.